Okay, so TECHNICALLY these are called blondies, because they don’t have an amazingly delicious amount of chocolate added to the batter, but I think that “brownies” sounds cuter, so we’re just going to go ahead and call them brownies. They actually taste quite close to regular chocolate brownies, and have that lovely chewiness that is accompanied by white and dark chocolate chips scattered throughout the batter. I’m usually the kind of person who doesn’t bother with a dessert unless it has chocolate in it, but these are really yummy. You’re also welcome to substitute the dried strawberries for dried cherries or cranberries (I got mine by picking them out of Special K cereal. Yup, I’m actually that weird). 1 to 2 boxes of Special K should give you enough strawberries to fill 2/3 cup, and then you’ll be set for breakfast for a while too!
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- pink food coloring
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup dehydrated strawberries can be substituted with dried cherries or cranberries
- With some extra butter, butter a 9×13 pan. Line the base and the side of the pan with parchment paper, allowing some to hang over the edges. Butter the parchment paper once more.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. In a larger bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer for 3 minutes until pale and fluffy. Then add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add the flour in 2 batches, and once it is fully combined, add enough pink food coloring to reach your desired shade of pink. Mix again, then add the white and dark chocolate chips and the dehydrated strawberries. Then mix one final time.
- Pour the batter into the pan, and smooth out the top. Bake in the oven at 350F for 40-45 minutes until the edges have slightly browned, and it is cooked in the middle. Remove this from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Then remove from the pan and allow it to finish cooling. Slice into your desired shapes, and enjoy!