Bumble Bee Pork Buns
- 270 g all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 ½ tsp vegetable oil
- 140 ml water
- yellow food colouring
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 160 g ground pork
- 100 g finely chopped cabbage
- 40 g finely chopped green onion
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp sake rice wine
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- pinch of salt and pepper
- wax paper
- First, make the filling. Roughly combine the pork, cabbage, green onions and ginger in a bowl. Add the oyster sauce, sugar, sake, sesame seed oil, soy sauce, salt and pepper and mix until just combined. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Make the buns: using a sieve, sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a bowl. Add the vegetable oil and mix together. Then gradually add the water and knead with your hands until the dough comes together. Then turn the dough out onto a floured surface.
- Remove 4 tbsp of dough and knead together with the cocoa powder until fully combined. Dye the larger amount of dough yellow with yellow food colouring and knead until combined. Cover the dough with a damp dish towel and leave for 30 minutes.
- Divide the yellow dough into 6 balls and flatten with a rolling pin. Working with one bun at a time, place a small amount of the pork filling in the center of each circle of dough and wrap up and seal to create a bun. Place the buns seam side down on a floured surface. Repeat for the remaining buns.
- Using the brown dough, create the eyes, mouth and stripes of the bees, and stick them onto the buns.
- Cut out squares from wax paper, cutting one of the sides of the squares into wing shapes. Place each of the buns onto a wax paper square, and steam them on low heat for 15 minutes.
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.