Pine Tree Scones
- 90 g cake flour
- 180 g bread flour
- 1 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 7 g baking powder
- 50 g unsalted butter cold and diced
- 30 g sugar
- 135 g white chocolate chips
- 115 ml milk add more if necessary
- green food colouring
- 3 tbsp confectioner’s sugar
- 30 g cream cheese
- ½ tbsp milk
- dark chocolate squares
- Make the scones: Sift the cake flour, bread flour, matcha green tea powder and baking powder.
- Add the butter and mix with your fingers until it is crumbly in texture. Add the sugar and white chocolate and combine.
- Dye the milk green with the green food colouring. Add enough milk to the dough for it to come together into a ball.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and shape into a disk. Cut it into 6 wedges and arrange them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 425F for 15-20 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Slice a small opening into the base of each triangle and insert a dark chocolate square to create the trunk.
- Combine the confectioner’s sugar, cream cheese and milk in a bowl, then drizzle on top of the trees to look like snow. Note: the cream cheese flavour isn’t too strong in this glaze. It just tastes sweet and creamy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!