- 2 medium potatoes 400g total
- 240 g sugar
- 4 hard-boiled egg yolks
- 2 tbsp shiratamako rice flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- chocolate sprinkles
- Peel the potatoes and wrap them in plastic wrap. Microwave them for 5-10 minutes until they are soft. Then place them in a bowl and mash them with a fork. Add 240g of sugar and mix together.
- Pour this into a small pot and set to medium heat. Mix with a spatula until the potato begins to dry out. Pass the egg yolks through a sieve and mix well.
- Place the shiratamako rice flour, 2 tsp sugar and water into a small microwaveable bowl and mix together. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 20 seconds. Mix again, cover again with plastic wrap and microwave for an additional 10 seconds. Then mix one more time. Add this to the potato mixture and mix well.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and microwave for 40 seconds. Mix once more, then turn the dough out onto a wet dish cloth, and allow it to cool until you can handle it without burning your hands.
- Divide the dough into 12 pieces and shape into Peep shapes. Using a toothpick or a pair of tweezers, make 2 eye holes in each Peep, and insert a chocolate sprinkle into each hole.
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!