Christmas Pudding Cream Puffs
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup unsalted butter cold and cut into cubes
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 cups milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter cold
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 3 tbsp whipping cream
- red and green piping gel
Make the Cream Puffs
- In a large pot, combine the water, butter, sugar and salt. Set to high heat and bring to a boil. Stir in the flour with a wooden spoon mix until a film forms on the bottom of the pan. Transfer the dough to a bowl and cool for 3-4 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring vigorously and completely incorporating each egg after each addition.
- Transfer the dough to a piping bag fitted with a large, round piping tip and pipe 1 ½-inch rounds onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Wet your fingers and smooth any pointed peaks.
- Bake them at 375F for 30 minutes. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
Make the Pastry Cream:
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt in a pot. Add the milk, egg yolks and cocoa powder and whisk together. Set to medium heat and whisk constantly until it comes to a boil. Once it thickens, remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract and butter.
- Strain through a sieve and cover with plastic wrap, pressing it directly on the surface. Refrigerate until chilled. If the pastry cream becomes lumpy, pulse in a food processor a couple times. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a round tip.
- Poke holes in the base of the cream puffs and fill with pastry cream.
- Combine the confectioner’s sugar and whipping cream in a bowl. Spoon over the cream puffs.
- Pipe holly onto the top of each cream puff with the piping gel. Enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.