Mini Gingerbread Doughnuts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 extra large egg room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups milk room temperature
- 2 tbsp melted butter unsalted, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- confectioner’s sugar as needed
- Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves and salt in a large bowl, and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the egg, milk, melted butter and vanilla extract. Then add this to the dry mixture, and mix together.
- I used a mini doughnut maker to bake the doughnuts, and simply greased both surfaces with oil and a paper towel, and poured 1 tablespoon of batter into each doughnut space. Then I shut the lid, cooked them for 3 minutes, and then flipped over the doughnut maker and cooked them for an additional 3 minutes on the other side. Then I flipped them back to the starting position, and removed them with a bamboo skewer. If you don’t have a doughnut maker, then you can use a regular-sized doughnut baking pan and bake them for 17 minutes at 350F. This recipe will make 12 regular-sized doughnuts. Place the doughnuts on a cooling rack to cool.
- Then sprinkle on some confectioner’s sugar, and you’re done!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!