Mini Apple Pies
- Pie Dough recipe here
- 3 granny smith apples peeled, cored and diced
- 1/3 cup sugar + extra for topping
- zest and juice from ½ lemon
- 2/3 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- large pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of cloves
- ½ tbsp butter cold and diced
- 1 egg beaten
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface until it is 1/8-inch thick. Using an 11 cm (8 ½ cm) round cookie cutter, cut 10 circles out of the dough and press them into the bottom and sides of a muffin tin. Using an 8 ½ cm round cookie cutter, cut out 10 more circles and set them on a sheet of parchment paper. Place both the muffin tin and the 10 additional circles in the fridge.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, 1/3 cup sugar, lemon zest and juice, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Divide the apple mixture between the pies and divide the diced butter between all pies.
- Top each pie with another dough circle, and press the edges to seal both layers of dough together, then crimp with a fork. Slice an X-shape in the top of each pie to release steam while baking and brush with the beaten egg. Sprinkle some sugar on top of each pie.
- Bake the pies at 400F for 30-40 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Allow the pies to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack. These taste best when eaten warm.
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!