Wreath Matcha Bundt Cake
This beautiful wreath cake is made using a bundt pan and colored with matcha green tea powder! RECIPE & PRODUCTS USED LINKED BELOW! CHECK OUT MY MERCH! teespring.com/stores/pankobunny . Leafix Matcha Green Tea Powder: https://amzn.to/2YCmxHa Use code PANKOBUNNY for 25% OFF until January 31!
- 2 cups unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 5 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 3 tbsp matcha green tea powder
- 1 package of red Fruit by the Foot
- festive candies and sprinkles
Bake the cake:
- Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and smooth. Add the vanilla extract, and eggs one at a time, mixing with each addition.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, matcha green tea powder, baking soda and salt. Add this to the batter in 2 additions, alternating with the sour cream.
- Spoon the batter into a greased and floured bundt pan. Bake at 350F for 45-60 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Cool completely.
Make the buttercream:
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and confectioner’s sugar one cup at a time, beating with each addition.
- Add the matcha green tea powder and mix well.
- Place about ¾ of the buttercream into a piping bag fitted with a large, open star-shaped piping tip.
- Place the cake on your work surface and, if desired, round the edges of the cake with a serrated knife, creating a wreath-like appearance.
- Cover the entire surface of the cake in a thin layer of buttercream. This will help the piped buttercream stick better.
- Using the buttercream in the piping bag, pipe tufts of buttercream all over the cake.
- Create a bow out of the Fruit by the Foot and stick to the cake. Decorate with festive candy and sprinkles and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!