Today we’re making hot chocolate bombs, but with coffee instead! Pop them into a mug and top with milk or water and enjoy! These are a fun twist on hot chocolate bombs with the addition of forever essential, coffee!
Keto Fat Bombs
- 6 tbsp grass-fed butter room temperature
- ½ cup solid coconut oil room temperature
- ½ tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 – 3 tbsp instant coffee powder
- ½ cup whipping cream cold
- 1 tbsp instant coffee powder
- ½ cup chocolate melted
- 6 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 3 tsp powdered coffee creamer optional
- sprinkles or luster dust optional
Keto Fat Bombs
- Place the butter, coconut oil, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and coffee powder in a bowl and mix together until fully combined.
- Spoon 1-2 tbsp of the mixture into each cavity of a half sphere mold and evenly spread it over the sides. Run a knife over the top to create flat edges.
- Place the mold in the freezer until the shells are hard, about 30-45 minutes. Then unmold the shells and set aside in the fridge while you make the filling.
- Place the whipping cream and 1 tbsp instant coffee powder in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Spoon the cream into a piping bag fitted with a large, star-shaped piping tip (#2D).
- Pipe a dollop of cream into one shell and place another empty shell on top. Press down to seal both shells together.
- Store the bombs in the freezer until ready to use.
- To serve, place one bomb into a large mug and top with boiling water or black coffee, for an extra potent cup. Stir to melt the bomb and enjoy!
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place it in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave it for 20-30 second intervals, mixing at each interval. The chocolate can also be melted using a double-boiler.
- Pour the chocolate into the half sphere mold and use a spoon to spread it evenly over the inside of each sphere.
- Use the flat back of a butterknife to smooth the edges of the mold. Place the mold in the fridge for 20-30 minutes, until the chocolate has fully set.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3, to create a second layer of chocolate. This will prevent the chocolate shell from breaking during unmolding and assembly. When smoothing the edges of the mold with the butter knife, ensure that the edges of the shell are 1-3 mm thick. This will allow both halves to securely stick together in the following steps.
- Gently unmold the chocolate shells and rest them on a plate or on top of small glasses, which will support the spherical shape very well and keep it from wobbling away.
- Pour 1 tbsp of instant coffee powder and, if desired, ½ tsp of powdered coffee creamer, into each shell.
- Re-melt some of the remaining melted chocolate and spread it onto the ridges of the filled shell. Place and empty shell on top, press gently to seal and place the mocha bomb into the fridge for 10 minutes, or until the chocolate seal has set.
- To decorate, drizzle or spread some more chocolate on top. The chocolate should be melted, but cooled to room temperature, so that it doesn’t melt the chocolate shell. Sprinkle some sprinkles or dust some luster dust on top, if desired. Then chill the mocha bomb in the fridge for another 10 minutes.
- Store the mocha bombs in the fridge until ready to use. To serve, place the mocha bomb into a mug and pour hot milk or boiling water on top. Stir and enjoy your coffee!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.