Holiday Cheese Fondue
- 1 1/2 cups emmental cheese grated
- 2 cups gruyere cheese grated
- ½ cup white cheddar grated
- 1 garlic clove sliced in half
- 1 ½ cups of apple cider or dry white wine like Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- juice from ¼ lemon
- grated nutmeg
- freshly ground pepper
- Prepare the pot that you will be using for your fondue. If your fondue pot won’t fit this much cheese like mine, then make the fondue in a separate pot, and then pour it into your fondue pot when you are ready to serve it! Rub the garlic clove on the inside of the pot that you will be cooking with.
- Pour the cider or wine into the pot, and set to medium heat. Bring this to just a simmer.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the water and cornstarch.
- Gradually add the cheeses to the pot, stirring until fully melted and creamy. Add the cornstarch mixture and mix well. Bring the cheese to a simmer and cook for 5-8 minutes, until thickened. Season it with nutmeg and pepper.
- Pour this into a fondue pot, and serve with crusty bread, apple, pear, cauliflower, broccoli, baby carrots or mushrooms.
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!