Hello Kitty Picnic
Summer is coming and it is the perfect time for a picnic!! If you don’t think that having a picnic is cute enough, then you can make your picnic Hello Kitty-themed! Make Hello Kitty-shaped corn and chicken sandwiches, a caprese salad with Hello Kitty mozzarella cheese and finish off with a polka dot fruit salad! I use a few tools in this recipe, and have provided links to where I purchased them in the description box of the video on YouTube!
Hello Kitty Picnic
Make Hello Kitty-shaped corn and chicken sandwiches, a caprese salad with Hello Kitty mozzarella cheese and finish off with a polka dot fruit salad!
Hello Kitty Corn and Chicken Sandwiches (makes 12 sandwiches)
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup frozen corn defrosted
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted and at room temperature
- thinly sliced chicken breast you could also use ham or crispy bacon
- tomato sliced thinly
Hello Kitty Caprese Salad (serves 3-4)
- 2-3 to matoes
- 2 balls of mozzarella
- approx. 20 basil leaves
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
Polka Dot Fruit Salad (serves 3-4)
- 1 cup honeydew melon
- 1 cup cantaloupe
- ¼ golden honeydew
- 1 cup watermelon
- 1 nashi pear
- 2 kiwis
- 1 can lychees
- mini mochi optional
Hello Kitty Corn and Chicken Sandwiches
- Mix together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs with a whisk. Add the corn, honey and milk and mix well until the honey dissolves. Add this to the dry mixture, then pour in the melted butter.
- Mix everything together, and pour into a buttered Hello Kitty muffin tray. Bake these in the oven at 350F for 17-18 minutes. Allow them to cool in the pan, and then turn them out once they’ve fully cooled.
- To assemble the sandwiches, slice the buns in half, and layer the lettuce, tomato and chicken inside, then spread on some mayonnaise. Top with the remaining half of the bun, and secure with a toothpick. I tied some gingham ribbon to the toothpick to make them look like Hello Kitty’s bow.
Hello Kitty Caprese Salad
- Thinly slice the mozzarella cheese into rounds. Then using a Hello Kitty vegetable or bread cutter, cut the cheese into the shape of Hello Kitty. If you do not have a Hello Kitty-shaped cutter, you can just use a knife to cut them into Hello Kitty shapes.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes, and then arrange them with the mozzarella on a plate. Tuck the basil leaves between them, and drizzle over some balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and crack over some salt and pepper when ready to serve.
Polka Dot Fruit Salad
- Using a melon baller, shape all of the fruit, except for the lychees, into balls.
- Then simply mix the fruit together with the lychees, place in a serving bowl, and sprinkle over some mini mochi.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!