Gummy Bear Semifreddo
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup grand marnier or orange juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 170 g white chocolate melted
- ½ cup gummy bears + extra for topping
- Then place a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water and add the egg yolks, sugar and grand marnier (or orange juice). Whisk for about 2 minutes until the mixture has thickened and lightened in colour.
- Strain the mixture into a smaller bowl through a sieve to remove any lumps, then set the bowl on top of a bowl filled with ice water, to cool. This will stop the eggs from cooking any further. Place plastic wrap onto the surface of the mixture, and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Pour the cream into a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until still peaks form. Fold in the melted white chocolate, then the egg mixture, and then the gummy bears.
- Pour the mixture into a container lined with plastic wrap. Smooth the surface and cover with another sheet of plastic wrap. Place in the freezer to set overnight.
- Once the semifreddo has set, remove it from the container and top with more gummy bears. Then slice and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!