Fruit Tarts with Sugar Cookie Pie Crusts
- 1/2 recipe Cookie Dough recipe here
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- your desired fruit
- fresh mint leaves
- confectioner’s sugar for dusting (optional)
Make the pastry cream filling:
- Place the egg yolks in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Place the sugar, cornstarch and salt in a pot and set to medium heat. Slowly add the milk while whisking. Cook until it begins to bubble and thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Pour 1/3 of the mixture into the egg yolks, whisking constantly. Pour the egg yolk mixture back into the pot and whisk until the pastry cream comes to a boil and thickens, about 2-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla.
- Pour the pastry cream into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap, pressing it directly onto the surface. Refrigerate until chilled and firm, about 2 hours. If the cream is too thick or lumpy after refrigerating, microwave for 30 seconds – 1 minute, then place it in a blender and pulse a few times until smooth.
Make the tart shells:
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface until it’s 1/8 inch-thick. Cut out circles with an 11 cm round cookie cutter. Press them into the bottom and sides of a regular-sized muffin tin. Place the muffin tin in the freezer for 15 minutes for the dough to stiffen.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes, until the edges are golden. Allow the tarts to fully cool in the pan, then gently remove them from the tin with the edge of a butter knife.
- Place the pastry cream in a piping bag fitted with a large, round tip. Fill the tart shells with the pastry cream and top with your desired fruit and sprigs of fresh mint.
- If you like, dust some confectioner’s sugar on top to make them extra pretty. Enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.