Doughnut Bread Pudding
The perfect quarantine recipe! We’re turning leftover doughnuts into homemade bread pudding! Try this as a weekend treat – you won’t regret it! RECIPE BELOW!
- 12 fried not baked doughnuts
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg yolks
- 4 cups whipping cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Chop the doughnuts into eights and place on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl (large enough to fit all the doughnuts), combine the eggs, egg yolks, cream, sugar, vanilla, salt and lemon zest. Whisk until well combined. Add the doughnuts and mix until coated in the cream. Press the doughnuts down so that they are submerged in the cream. I used a small plate to help with this. Allow the doughnuts to soak for 7 minutes, then stir and soak for another 7 minutes.
- Pour the doughnuts and cream into a 2 quart baking dish. Bake at 325F for 50-60 minutes, until puffed, browned and bubbling at the edges.
- While the bread pudding is baking, make the glaze. Beat the cream cheese and confectioner’s sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the milk and mix until smooth and fully combined.
- Once the bread pudding is finished baking, allow it to cool for 10 minutes. Spread the glaze onto the pudding and top with sprinkles. Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!