DIY Rabbit Peeps
- 2 ½ tsp powdered gelatin
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pink food colouring
- cooking spray
- Pink sanding sugar
- black decorating gel
- Pour 1/3 cup of cold water into the bowl of an electric mixer and sprinkle the powdered gelatin on top. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place the sugar and ¼ cup cold water in a small pot and set to medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar has melted.
- Attach a candy thermometer to the pot and boil the sugar until it reaches 238F. Brush the sides of the pot with a wet pastry brush if sugar crystals stick to the sides. Remove the pot from the heat and stir until the sugar stops boiling.
- Add the hot sugar to the gelatin and stir the mixture by hand whisking for a few minutes to slightly cool. Then beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 8-10 minutes, until soft peaks form. Add the vanilla extract and mix until combined. Add the pink food colouring to dye them a vibrant pink colour.
- Generously coat a 9×9 inch baking pan with cooking spray and coat the bottom with a generous layer of pink sanding sugar. Pour the marshmallow on top and smooth the surface. Generously coat the top of the marshmallow with more sanding sugar and gently press to the marshmallow. Allow the marshmallow to set overnight.
- Use a greased rabbit-shaped cookie cutter to cut out rabbits from the marshmallow. Coat the sides of the marshmallow in more pink sugar, then place on a baking sheet.
- Use black decorating gel to create the eyes and nose. Enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!