DIY Hot Chocolate Ornaments
Ingredients (per ornament, each ornament makes 2 cups hot chocolate)
- clear plastic ornaments for filling
- ¼ cup powdered coffee creamer
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup skim milk powder or coconut milk powder
- ¼ cup confectioner’s sugar
- mini marshmallow bits
- mini chocolate chips
- salted caramel chips
- mini reese’s pieces
- festive sprinkles
- edible glitter
- Cut the end off a piping bag large enough to fit into the opening of the ornaments. Stick the piping bag into the opening to act as a funnel. First pour the confectioner’s sugar into the ornament and jiggle the ornament slightly to flatten the surface. Repeat with the coffee creamer, skim milk powder and cocoa powder.
- Add your desired toppings or flavourings. For an extra chocolatey hot chocolate, add mini chocolate chips. For a festive hot chocolate, add festive sprinkles. For peanut butter hot chocolate, add mini reese’s pieces. For caramel hot chocolate, add salted caramel chips. For coconut hot chocolate, use coconut milk powder instead of skim milk powder and add edible glitter as a garnish.
- Top with mini marshmallow bits, then seal the ornaments closed. Hook the ornaments onto trees with string.
- To make the hot chocolate, empty one ornament into a pot and add 2 cups water. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then pour into mugs and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!