“I Love You” Teddy Bear Cake
- 2 cups hot water
- 6 tbsp powdered instant coffee
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups butterscotch chips
- 4 tsp white vinegar
- 2 cups unsalted butter room temperature
- 6-7 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- heart-shaped sugar cookie recipe here
- dark chocolate melted
Bake the cake:
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, dissolve the instant coffee in the hot water. Then add the cocoa powder and vanilla, whisk together, then pour into the dry mixture. Add the vegetable oil, white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and vinegar, and mix until everything is well combined.
- Grease both sides of a bear-shaped cake pan (mine is by Wilton) as well as the cone attachment with cooking spray. Attach both sides of the pan together with the clips provided in the cake pan kit. Pour 6 cups of batter into the cake mold (note: this is all the batter you will need – you can use the remaining 2 cups as you like).
- Insert the cone attachment into the mold and bake at 375F for 50 minutes.
- Lie the cake mold face down on a cooling rack and cool for 20 minutes. Remove the cone attachment and the clips. Remove the back side of the cake pan to release steam. Replace the pan onto the cake and flip the cake over onto its back. Remove the front of the mold and allow the cake to cool completely.
Make the buttercream:
- Cream the butter in a large mixing bowl until it’s light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract, and mix together. Add the confectioner’s sugar 1 cup at a time, beating with each addition. Add the cocoa powder and mix well.
Decorate the cake:
- Place the buttercream in a piping bag fitted with a star-shaped piping tip and decorate the entire surface of the cake.
- Attach the heart-shaped cookie with extra buttercream.
- Draw the bear’s eyes and nose with some melted dark chocolate onto a square of parchment paper. Place it in the freezer for the chocolate to set, then stick them onto the cake.
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!