DIY Dole Whip Donuts From Disneyland
Pineapple Jam Filling:
- 1 pineapple chopped
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
Dole Whip Doughnuts:
- 2 tbsp active dry yeast
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 tsp salt
- canola oil
- 1 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- pineapple flavoring
- yellow food coloring
- Pineapple jam see recipe above
- 2 large egg whites room temperature
- pinch of salt
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
Pineapple Jam Filling:
- Place the pineapple in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Measure out 2 cups of pineapple and place it in a pan, along with the water.
- Set to medium-low heat and cook until the pineapple is soft, about 35 minutes.
- Add the sugar and lemon juice and stir to combine. Cook until the jam has thickened, 45-60 minutes.
- Pour into a 16-ounce jar and seal with a lid. Store in the refrigerator.
Make the doughnuts:
- Place the yeast, warm water and 1 tsp granulated sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment. Allow this to sit for 10 minutes, until the yeast begins to develop.
- Add the flour, ½ cup sugar, eggs, butter and salt. Set the mixer to medium speed and knead for 8-9 minutes, until the dough is smooth, soft and bounces back when poked with your finger.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place in a warm spot until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Roll the dough out to ¼ inch-thick and cut into 4 inch-wide circles with a cookie cutter. You should be able to get 10 doughnuts. Transfer the doughnuts to a lightly floured baking sheet and cover with a sheet of plastic wrap. Place in a warm spot and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Pour about 5 inches of canola oil into a pot and set to medium heat. Attach a deep-fry thermometer and heat the oil to 370F. Fry 1 or 2 doughnuts at a time, cooking for 1 minute on each side or until golden.
- Remove the doughnuts from the oil with a slotted spoon and place on a baking sheet lined with paper towel. Cool completely.
- Poke a hole into the sides of the doughnuts with a butter knife. Place the pineapple jam in a piping bag and squeeze into the doughnuts.
Make the glaze:
- Combine the confectioner’s sugar and whipping cream in a bowl. Add a drop or two of pineapple flavoring and yellow food coloring and mix well.
- Dunk the doughnuts into the glaze and set aside.
Make the meringue:
- Beat the egg whites and salt with an electric mixer on low speed until frothy.
- Add the cream of tartar and increase to medium speed. Beat until the egg whites are fluffy, with large bubbles forming around the edges.
- Add the sugar a few teaspoons at a time. Beat until the meringue reaches stiff, glossy peaks. Add the vanilla extract.
- Place the meringue in a piping bag fitted with a medium-sized round piping tip.
- Pipe swirls onto the doughnuts. Brown the meringue with a kitchen blow torch.
- Top with paper umbrellas and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.