Creamy Pumpkin Soup and Leaf Crackers
- ½ tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ onion roughly chopped
- ½ tsp fresh thyme
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- 4 cups pumpkin puree
- 6 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup whipping cream or milk or yogurt
- freshly chopped parsley for garnish
Pumpkin Bowls (optional)
- 6 small pumpkins
- 1 sheet puff pastry defrosted
To make the pumpkin bowls:
- Cut the top off the pumpkins and remove the seeds.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake at 350F for 30-60 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Set these aside in a warm spot while you make the soup.
To make the leaf crackers:
- Roll the puff pastry out on a floured surface until it is 1/8-inch thick. Using a leaf-shaped cookie cutter, cut out little leaf shapes.
- Place these on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place another sheet of parchment paper and another baking sheet on top. Bake at 400F for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Allow the crackers to fully cool.
To make the soup:
- Melt the butter in a pot set to medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook until softened. Add the thyme, salt and pepper and mix well. Add the pureed pumpkin and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender until smooth. Simmer uncovered for an additional 30 minutes. Add the cream and mix well.
- Divide the soup into the pumpkin bowls and top with some fresh parsley.
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!