Red Wine Doughnuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp red wine sweet red wines taste best!
- 5 tbsp whipping cream
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- red food colouring optional
- red sprinkles optional
- Bake the doughnuts: Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the butter, sugar, honey, egg, vanilla, vinegar and red wine. Add the dry ingredients and cocoa powder and mix until fully combined. Spoon the batter into a greased doughnut pan and bake at 400F for 7 minutes. Cool in the pan for 1 minute, then invert onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Make the glaze: Combine the whipping cream and confectioner’s sugar in a bowl. To create a swirled pattern, dye half of the glaze red, then dollop that into the white glaze, gently swirl, and dunk the doughnuts into the glaze. To cover the doughnuts with sprinkles, dunk them into the glaze then right into the sprinkles. Enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.