Coconut Bunny Cupcakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp coconut extract
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup coconut milk not coconut cream
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 2 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar
- Unsweetened dessicated coconut
- jumbo marshmallows
- pink sugar
Bake the cupcakes:
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the coconut extract and egg and beat until combined. Add the dry ingredients in 2 additions, alternating with the coconut milk.
- Pour into a lined cupcake pan and bake at 350F for 15-17 minutes. Cool completely.
Make the buttercream:
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add the coconut extract and combine. Add the confectioner’s sugar one cup at a time, then beat for 3-5 minutes.
- Spread some buttercream on top of each cupcake to create a mound on top. Dunk the cupcakes into dessicated coconut, completely covering the buttercream.
- Slice jumbo marshmallows in half diagonally, then dip the sticky side into pink sugar. Spread some remaining buttercream onto the flat bottoms of the marshmallows and stick them onto the cupcakes to look like bunny ears. Enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!