Spirited Away is my hands down favorite Studio Ghibli movie, and I’m absolutely in love with these little crostini! Homemade sesame seed paste make these taste even better.
- 7 tbsp black sesame seeds toasted
- 1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 small ball of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 sheet of nori seaweed
- 1 baguette
- First, make the sesame paste. Place the sesame seeds in a food processor and pulse until they are finely ground and are secreting their oil. Then add the sesame oil and honey, and mix together.
- Slice the baguette into long, oval slices, and toast. Then slice the mozzarella into oval slices.
- Spread the sesame seed paste onto the toast, then place the mozzarella slices on top. Slice out No-Face’s eyes and markings on his mask out of the nori, and stick them directly onto the cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!