Christmas Tree Matcha Blondies
Blondies are brownies without the chocolate! Today we're adding matcha green tea powder and decorating them to look like pine trees! CHECK OUT MY MERCH! teespring.com/stores/pankobunny Leafix Matcha Green Tea Powder: https://amzn.to/2YCmxHa . Use code PANKOBUNNY for 25% OFF until Dec 31!
Bake the blondies:
- Pour the melted butter and brown sugar into a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until combined. Add the eggs, vanilla extract, almond extract and salt and mix well.
- Add the flour and matcha and mix until well combined.
- Grease a triangular cake pan with cooking spray. Fill the pan with the batter and bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes, until the edges are just starting to brown. Cool completely.
- To make the buttercream, beat the butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and mix to combine. Add the confectioner’s sugar one cup at a time, then beat for 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Set aside about ¼ of the buttercream and add the matcha to the larger amount. Mix well.
- Use a variety of piping tips to pipe different styles of trees onto the blondies. For the green and white effect, simply spread both colors of buttercream into the piping bag, then pipe away! The piping tip numbers that I used for each tree is featured on the screen of the video, to keep things simple.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!