Christian Louboutin High Heel Marshmallows
- 2 ½ tsp powdered gelatin
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cold water
- seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- black and red food colouring
- corn starch
- piping bags
- Pour 1/3 cup of cold water into the bowl of an electric mixer and sprinkle the powdered gelatin on top. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place the sugar and ¼ cup cold water in a small pot and set to medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar has melted.
- Attach a candy thermometer to the pot and boil the sugar until it reaches 238F. Brush the sides of the pot with a wet pastry brush if sugar crystals stick to the sides.
- Add the hot sugar to the gelatin and stir the mixture by hand whisking for a few minutes to slightly cool. Then beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 8-10 minutes, until soft peaks form.
- Divide 1/3 of the marshmallow into 2 smaller bowls. Dye one bowl red and leave the other bowl white. Dye the remaining larger amount of marshmallow black. Place the marshmallow into piping bags fitted with round tips.
- Using a sharpie, draw Louboutin shapes onto the underside of a sheet of parchment paper. Place the paper on a baking sheet and pipe the marshmallow onto the sheet, using the stencil as a guide.
- Allow the marshmallows to sit for 2 hours, then sift some corn starch on top. Gently peel the marshmallows off the parchment paper with a butter knife and coat the undersides in corn starch. Bounce the marshmallows in a sieve a few times to remove any excess corn starch and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!