Breakfast in a Rice Cooker
- 2 thick slices of egg bread cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 150 ml milk
- pinch of cinnamon
- dash of vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup blueberries mashed
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp diced potato
- 2 tbsp diced sweet potato
- 2 tbsp diced red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp diced yellow bell pepper
- 2 tbsp diced ham
- 1 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- garlic salt or garlic powder
- olive oil
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 breakfast sausages
- cherry tomatoes
Make the French Toast:
- Place the bread into the rice portion of the rice cooker. In a separate bowl, combine the butter, egg, milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract and salt. Pour on top of the bread and mix until the mixture is fully absorbed.
Make the Blueberry Syrup:
- Combine the blueberries and maple syrup. Pour into a small, shallow ramekin (or a dish made with aluminum foil) and place in the tacook plate. Set the tacook plate into the rice cooker.
Make the Ham Hash:
- Place the potato and sweet potato in a shallow bowl, cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 45 seconds. Add the red and yellow bell pepper, ham and parsley. Season with garlic salt and pepper. Drizzle some olive oil on top and mix well. Add half of the beaten egg and stir to fully coat the mixture.
- Place this in the tacook plate along with the breakfast sausages and cherry tomatoes.
- Set the rice cooker to the “Cake” function and set the time to 45 minutes. Then press start.
- Once the rice cooker has finished cooking, remove the tacook tray. Place a plate on top of the rice cooker pot and, using a dish towel (the rice cooker pot will be very hot), flip the French toast upside down onto the plate. Remove the rice cooker pot to reveal your French toast! Top with the blueberry syrup and serve with the ham hash, breakfast sausages and blistered cherry tomatoes.
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.