Boston Cream Pie Bunnies
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 2/3 cups vanilla pudding 1/3 cup per bunny
- 112 g semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream hot
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil and sugar, then add the eggs and vanilla and mix. Alternate adding the flour mixture and sour cream, adding the flour mixture in 3 additions, and the sour cream in 2 additions. (Flour>sour cream>flour>sour cream>flour)
- Spray the cake pan with cooking spray and dust with flour. Pour the batter into the pan, and bake for 30-35 minutes at 350F.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow the cakes to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove the cakes from the pan, and allow them to fully cool.
- Finely chop the semisweet chocolate and place it in a bowl. Pour the hot cream on top and let sit for 1 minute. Then stir until the chocolate has fully melted and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Once they have fully cooled, slice the risen bottoms of the bunnies off. Then slice off a small piece of cake from the bottoms of the cakes, so that they will stand upright. Place the bunnies on a serving tray, and scoop out a small amount of cake from the center of each half to create space for the pudding. Fill the bunnies with the vanilla pudding.
- Pour the ganache onto the bodies of the rabbits. With some remaining ganache, draw on the details of the bunnies’ faces (the eyes, nose and ears). Place the cakes in the fridge for 5 hours (or up to overnight) to chill.
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.