Bleeding Heart Panna Cotta
Panna Cotta Hearts
- 6 tbsp cold water
- 7 tsp powdered gelatin
- 3 cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- red food colouring
- dark red or burgundy food colouring
- 1 ½ cups water or dark red juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean + seeds
- Pour the cold water into a large bowl and sprinkle the gelatin on top. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour the cream and sugar into a medium-sized pot and set to medium-high heat. Stir to dissolve the sugar and heat until the mixture starts to bubble. Remove from the heat and add to the gelatin. Whisk to combine.
- Add the milk and enough red food colouring to reach your desired shade of red. Whisk to combine. Pour the mixture through a sieve.
- Set the heart-shaped molds into bowls to keep them level, then fill the molds with the panna cotta. Place in the fridge and chill overnight, until the panna cotta has set.
- To make the syrup, dye the water a deep red with some food colouring. Pour the water, sugar and vanilla extract into a small pot, set to medium-high heat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 25-30 minutes, until the syrup reduces to about ½ cup. Remove from the heat and cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a jug to serve.
- Turn the hearts out onto serving plates. If the panna cotta is sticking to the molds, wrap a warm, damp dishcloth around the molds to slightly warm the mold.
- Pour the bloody syrup on top and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!