Bird’s Nest Pocky Cake
For the cake:
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 tbsp instant coffee
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 8 crème eggs
- Chocolate Buttercream recipe halved (recipe here)
- 2 bars 100g each milk chocolate, frozen
- 3 boxes 40g each chocolate Pocky
- 1/3 cup mini eggs
- white chocolate
- oil-based food colouring
To make the cake:
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, dissolve the instant coffee in the hot water. Then add the cocoa powder and vanilla, whisk together, then pour into the dry mixture. Add the vegetable oil, chocolate chips and vinegar, and mix until everything is well combined.
- Pour half of the mixture into a greased 8 inch cake mold. Then stick the crème eggs into the batter, making sure that they don’t touch the bottom of the pan. Cover with the remaining cake batter, making sure to fully cover the eggs. Bake the cake at 375F for 45-50 minutes, or until fully cooked. Allow the cake to fully cool before decorating.
To decorate the cake:
- Coat the entire cake in a layer of chocolate buttercream, then using a cheese grater, grate a bar of milk chocolate over the entire cake to look like twigs. Gently press on the chocolate flakes to cake to stick them to the buttercream.
- Snap the Pocky into smaller pieces, and arrange them in a circle to create a nest, building out towards the edges of the cake.
- Melt some white chocolate and dye it your desired colours. Pour it into a bird-shaped chocolate mold to create birds to decorate the cake.
- Fill the nest with the chocolate birds and mini eggs, and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.