Sweet, sliceable watermelon-flavored jello! How cute does this look?! We’re using watermelon extract, so this tastes just like juicy watermelon! Perfect to pack in school lunches, or for a weekend BBQ! RECIPE BELOW!
- 1 ½ cups + ½ cup water
- 6 tbsp powdered gelatin
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp watermelon extract optional
- pink green and black food coloring
- cooking spray
- Pour 1 ½ cups of water into a large pot. Sprinkle the gelatin onto the surface of the water and allow it to develop for 5 minutes.
- Set the pot to medium-high heat and whisk until the gelatin has fully dissolved. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Add the condensed milk and stir until well combined. Add the milk, vanilla extract and watermelon extract. Mix well.
- Prepare 3 bowls and pour 1 cup of jelly mixture into each bowl. Dye the mixture green, black and leave the remaining bowl white. Dye the larger amount of jelly mixture pink.
- Spray a 9” round baking dish and a small bowl with cooking spray. Pour the black jelly into the small bowl and place it in the fridge. Pour the green jelly mixture into the round baking dish. Chill it in the fridge for 20 minutes, or until firm.
- Pour the white jelly on top of the green layer and return to the fridge to set, for about 20 minutes. Then pour about 1 cup of pink jelly on top and return it to the fridge to set.
- Once the black jelly has set, cut it up into little cubes. Sprinkle it into the baking dish. By this time, the unused pink jelly should have partially set. Spoon it into the pan, reserving a cup or so. Heat the remaining cup either on the stove or in the microwave, until liquid. Pour into the baking dish. Transfer the baking dish to the fridge and chill for 3 hours.
- Gently pull the edges of the jelly away from the sides of the pan. Turn out onto a plate, then flip the jelly again with another plate, so that the pink layer is on top. Slice into wedges and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.