- 1 vanilla pound cake
- 1 chocolate pound cake
- ¼ cup + ½ tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ cup + ½ tbsp boiling water
- 1 ¼ cups unsalted butter room temperature
- ¾ cup confectioner’s sugar
- pinch of salt
- 350 g semisweet chocolate melted and cooled
- fresh berries
- Carve the vanilla pound cake into the turkey’s body. Carve the chocolate pound cake into the drumsticks and wings of the turkey. Set aside.
- Make the frosting: Fully dissolve the cocoa powder in the boiling water and allow to cool.
- Place the butter, confectioner’s sugar and salt into a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Then add the melted (and cooled – this is important, because warm chocolate will melt the butter) semisweet chocolate, and mix until fully combined. Then add the cocoa liquid, mix together.
- Coat the body of the turkey in the frosting. Spread some frosting onto the inner side of the drumsticks and wings, and stick them to the cake. Attach them with toothpicks, then cover the cake in a thicker layer of buttercream.
- Fill the turkey’s cavity with fresh berries and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!