- 450 g granulated sugar
- 400 g whipping cream
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Rainbow Royal Icing from Step 2 recipe here
- Pour the sugar, cream, butter and corn syrup into a large pot. Set to medium heat and stir until everything is melted and combined.
- Insert a candy thermometer and increase the heat to high. Once the mixture comes to a boil, stir occasionally until it reaches 240F.
- Remove from the heat and let sit for 5 minutes, or until the temperature reduces to 230F. Add the vanilla extract and salt and mix well.
- Mix vigorously with a wooden spoon until the fudge thickens, loses its shine and cools to 140F. Then mix for a few minutes longer.
- Pour the fudge into a 9×9 inch baking pan lined with parchment paper, and smooth the surface. Let sit at room temperature overnight.
- Slice the fudge into furniture and decorate with the remaining rainbow-coloured royal icing.
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!