Breakfast Egg Puffs
- 400 g frozen puff pastry defrosted and rolled to a 1/8-inch thick rectangle
- 9 eggs
- 1 ½ tbsp heavy cream
- ¾ cheddar cheese grated
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 12 pieces of ham cut into hearts
- Western Omelet
- diced red and green bell pepper
- diced ham
- thinly sliced green onion
Broccoli and Cheese Omelet
- fresh broccoli divided into tiny florets
- Korean red pepper paste gochujang or sriracha
- small cubes of mozzarella cheese
Meat Lovers Omelet
- chopped cooked bacon
- cooked sausage sliced
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray. Cut 12 squares from the puff pastry, and press them into the muffin tin spaces, allowing the corners to extend past the circles of the muffin hole.
- Make the egg filling: Whisk together the eggs in a bowl. Then add the heavy cream and whisk together. Add the grated cheese and salt and pepper and mix once more.
- Western Omelet: Evenly divide the egg mixture between all 12 muffin holes. Then add the red and green bell peppers, ham and green onion, and top each egg puff with a ham heart.
- Broccoli and Cheese Omelet: Even divide the egg mixture between all 12 muffin holes. Add the broccoli florets and top each egg puff with a ham heart.
- Spicy Omelet: Before pouring the egg mixture in, spread a thin layer of Korean red pepper paste (gochujang) or sriracha directly onto the puff pastry inside the muffin holes. Then fill with the egg mixture, and add the cubes of mozzarella cheese. Top each egg puff with a ham heart.
- Meat Lovers Omelet: Before pouring the egg mixture in, line each muffin cup with a slice of prosciutto. Then divide the egg mixture evenly between all muffin cups, and add the cooked bacon pieces and sausages. Top each egg puff with a ham heart.
- Bake these in the oven at 350F for 18-20 minutes, until the edges of the pastry start to brown. If you’d like the puff pastry to be more golden, you can brush the edges of puff pastry that extend out of the muffin cups with a pastry brush and a lightly beaten egg before baking in the oven.
- Cool for 2-3 minutes in the pan, and then serve!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!