Snickerdoodles and Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate
Two recipes in one today! We're making homemade Snickerdoodle cookies, then using them to make delicious Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate! I'm showing you a cool trick to make milk taste like any ingredient you like! CHECK OUT MY MERCH! teespring.com/stores/pankobunny
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 6 snickerdoodles
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups milk
- ¾ cup milk chocolate pieces I used a milk chocolate Lindt chocolate bar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp confectioner’s sugar
- crushed snickerdoodle pieces
- First, make the cookie dough. Place the butter, shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Shape the dough into balls. Set aside.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon for the topping. Roll the balls in the topping mixture. Place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spacing them about 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake at 400F for 6-8 minutes, until set but not too firm. Cool completely.
Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate
Make the snickerdoodle base:
- Combine the snickerdoodles and 2 cups milk in a pot and set to medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, then remove the pan from the heat and allow the milk to cool to room temperature. The milk with thicken, but don’t worry!
- Pour the mixture through a cheesecloth into a dish. Set aside.
Make the hot chocolate:
- Pour 2 cups milk, the milk chocolate pieces, vanilla extract and the snickerdoodle base into a pot. Set to medium heat and whisk until everything is melted and well combined. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Make the topping:
- Place the whipping cream, cinnamon and confectioner’s sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Place in a piping bag fitted with a large, star-shaped piping tip.
- Pour the hot chocolate into mugs and top with a swirl of whipped cream. Sprinkle some snickerdoodle crumbs on top and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.