Snickerdoodles and Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate
Two recipes in one today! We're making homemade Snickerdoodle cookies, then using them to make delicious Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate! I'm showing you a cool trick to make milk taste like any ingredient you like! CHECK OUT MY MERCH! teespring.com/stores/pankobunny
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 6 snickerdoodles
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups milk
- ¾ cup milk chocolate pieces I used a milk chocolate Lindt chocolate bar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp confectioner’s sugar
- crushed snickerdoodle pieces
- First, make the cookie dough. Place the butter, shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Shape the dough into balls. Set aside.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon for the topping. Roll the balls in the topping mixture. Place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spacing them about 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake at 400F for 6-8 minutes, until set but not too firm. Cool completely.
Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate
Make the snickerdoodle base:
- Combine the snickerdoodles and 2 cups milk in a pot and set to medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, then remove the pan from the heat and allow the milk to cool to room temperature. The milk with thicken, but don’t worry!
- Pour the mixture through a cheesecloth into a dish. Set aside.
Make the hot chocolate:
- Pour 2 cups milk, the milk chocolate pieces, vanilla extract and the snickerdoodle base into a pot. Set to medium heat and whisk until everything is melted and well combined. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Make the topping:
- Place the whipping cream, cinnamon and confectioner’s sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Place in a piping bag fitted with a large, star-shaped piping tip.
- Pour the hot chocolate into mugs and top with a swirl of whipped cream. Sprinkle some snickerdoodle crumbs on top and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!