Sakura Cherry Blossom Jam
- 60 g pickled sakura flowers purchase some here
- 250 g sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 300 ml water
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
- 300 ml water
- 2 tsp powdered gelatin
- 2 tbsp water
- Place the pickled sakura flowers in a bowl and submerge in cold water (not listed in ingredients). Gently massage the flowers to remove any salt on the surface, then drain. Pour in some fresh water (not listed in ingredients) and allow the flowers to soak in the water overnight.
- Remove the petals from the flowers, rinse in water to remove any remaining salt, and place the petals in a pot. Add the sugar, 300ml of water, salt and honey. Set to low heat and bring to a simmer. Scoop off any scum from the surface if necessary.
- Once the liquid has reduced by half, add the lemon juice and continue reducing the liquid. Once the jam has thickened, add 300ml of water. Bring the jam to a boil then remove from heat.
- Add the gelatin to the 2 tablespoons of water in a small bowl and allow the gelatin to soften. Then add the gelatin mixture to the jam mixture and combine.
- Place the bottom of the pot in cold water and whisk the jam to allow it to cool. Pour the jam into a sterilized jar, screw the lid on top, and place it in the fridge for the gelatin to set the jam.
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!