Rainbow Stripped Lollipops
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup corn syrup
- gummy bears
- lollipop sticks
- Pour the sugar, water and corn syrup into a pot, and set it to medium heat. Stir with a rubber spatula until everything is melted and combined.
- Then increase the heat to high, and attach a candy thermometer to the pot. Heat the sugar until it reaches 310F, stirring occasionally.
- Fill a tube-shaped silicone mold halfway with the sugar mixture. Using toothpicks or tweezers, stick gummy bears into the mold, evenly spacing them apart and ordering them in the colour of the rainbow.
- Pour the remaining sugar mixture on top, making sure to fully cover the gummy bears. Doing so will prevent the gummy bears from leaking out, since the hot sugar will soften them. Then stick one lollipop stick into each shape, holding the stick in place until the candy fully sets. This will take around 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer the lollipops, still in their mold, to the fridge for about 30 minutes, for the gummy bears on the inside to cool. Then gently remove the lollipops from the mold and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!