Rainbow Candy Apples
Ingredients (makes approx. 2 apples per colour)
- 4 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¾ cups corn syrup
- 3 tbsp white food colouring
- rainbow food colouring
- 12 granny smith apples
- lollipop sticks or skewers
- cooking spray
- You will be making 2 colours per batch, so just repeat these steps 3 times. Place 1 ½ cups granulated sugar, ½ cup water and ¼ cup corn syrup into a medium-sized pot and stir to combine. Add 1 tbsp white food colouring and several drops pink food colouring and mix well.
- Set to medium-high heat and attach a candy thermometer. Heat to 302F.
- In the meantime, wash the apples, remove the stems and insert lollipop sticks or skewers into the top. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Once the candy reaches 302F, dip 2 apples into the pink candy, then place on the baking sheet. Add some orange food colouring to the candy, mix well, then coat 2 apples in orange candy.
- To easily clean the pot between batches, pour out any excess candy into a silicone mold, then fill the pot with water. Bring to a boil and boil until the excess candy coating melts. Pour out the hot water, then repeat Steps 1-4, making yellow and green in one batch and blue and purple in the last batch.
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.