Rainbow Candy Apples
Ingredients (makes approx. 2 apples per colour)
- 4 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¾ cups corn syrup
- 3 tbsp white food colouring
- rainbow food colouring
- 12 granny smith apples
- lollipop sticks or skewers
- cooking spray
- You will be making 2 colours per batch, so just repeat these steps 3 times. Place 1 ½ cups granulated sugar, ½ cup water and ¼ cup corn syrup into a medium-sized pot and stir to combine. Add 1 tbsp white food colouring and several drops pink food colouring and mix well.
- Set to medium-high heat and attach a candy thermometer. Heat to 302F.
- In the meantime, wash the apples, remove the stems and insert lollipop sticks or skewers into the top. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Once the candy reaches 302F, dip 2 apples into the pink candy, then place on the baking sheet. Add some orange food colouring to the candy, mix well, then coat 2 apples in orange candy.
- To easily clean the pot between batches, pour out any excess candy into a silicone mold, then fill the pot with water. Bring to a boil and boil until the excess candy coating melts. Pour out the hot water, then repeat Steps 1-4, making yellow and green in one batch and blue and purple in the last batch.
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!