Rachel Green’s Thanksgiving Trifle
We're making Rachel Green's shepherd's pie trifle from the popular show, Friends! This is the exact recipe used in the show and I taste it at the end of the video…stay tuned for some weird faces! CHECK OUT MY MERCH! teespring.com/stores/pankobunny
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion minced
- ½ cup frozen green peas thawed
- 500 g ground beef
- ½ package lady fingers
- ½ cup strawberry jam
- 1 carton fresh raspberries
- 1 cup custard
- 1 banana sliced
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 tbsp confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- First, make the beef component. Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent. Add the green peas and stir to combine. Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Gently cut the ladyfingers in half. Line the sides and bottom of a trifle dish. Spread jam on top. Top with half of the custard and a layer of fresh raspberries.
- Add another layer of ladyfingers, then spoon the beef on top. Top with the remaining custard, then add sliced bananas. Place the bowl in the fridge while you make the whipped cream.
- To make the whipped cream, combine the whipping cream, confectioner’s sugar and vanilla extract. Beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Dollop the cream on top of the trifle and eat at your own risk!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!