Pumpkin Mitarashi Dango
- 100 g canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 50 g shiratamako flour
- cocoa powder
- ½ cup water
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp katakuriko potato starch
- 3 bamboo skewers
- Place the pumpkin in the microwave for 30 seconds, or until warm.
- Add the pumpkin pie spice and shiratamako flour and mix until fully combined.
- Take a small piece of dough and knead it together with some cocoa powder to dye it brown. Divide the remaining dough into 9 balls. Make grooves around the sides with a skewer to create pumpkin shapes.
- Divide the brown dough into 9 pieces and shape them into stems. Stick one onto each pumpkin.
- Place the pumpkins in a pot of boiling water, and once they rise to the surface, boil for 1 minute. Place them into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Set aside.
- Place the water, sugar, soy sauce and katakuriko into a small pot set to medium heat. Heat until the sauce has thickened.
- Skewer 3 pumpkins onto each skewer and coat in the mitarashi sauce.
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!