Pumpkin Mitarashi Dango
- 100 g canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 50 g shiratamako flour
- cocoa powder
- ½ cup water
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp katakuriko potato starch
- 3 bamboo skewers
- Place the pumpkin in the microwave for 30 seconds, or until warm.
- Add the pumpkin pie spice and shiratamako flour and mix until fully combined.
- Take a small piece of dough and knead it together with some cocoa powder to dye it brown. Divide the remaining dough into 9 balls. Make grooves around the sides with a skewer to create pumpkin shapes.
- Divide the brown dough into 9 pieces and shape them into stems. Stick one onto each pumpkin.
- Place the pumpkins in a pot of boiling water, and once they rise to the surface, boil for 1 minute. Place them into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Set aside.
- Place the water, sugar, soy sauce and katakuriko into a small pot set to medium heat. Heat until the sauce has thickened.
- Skewer 3 pumpkins onto each skewer and coat in the mitarashi sauce.
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.