Pink Candy Cane Marshmallows
- 2 ½ tsp powdered gelatin
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- hot pink food colouring
- corn starch
- Line a square container with parchment paper and grease the paper with oil.
- Pour 1/3 cup of cold water into the bowl of an electric mixer and sprinkle the powdered gelatin on top. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place the sugar and ¼ cup cold water in a small pot and set to medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar has melted.
- Attach a candy thermometer to the pot and boil the sugar until it reaches 238F. Brush the sides of the pot with a wet pastry brush if sugar crystals stick to the sides. Add the peppermint extract and mix well.
- Add the hot sugar to the gelatin and stir the mixture by hand whisking for a few minutes to slightly cool. Then beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 8-10 minutes, until soft peaks form.
- Pour the marshmallow into the container and dot with the hot pink food colouring. Use a toothpick to swirl the food colouring around to create a pretty pattern. Allow the marshmallow to set for 3-4 hours (or up to overnight) until firm.
- Dust the marshmallows with corn starch. Dip a candy cane-shaped cookie cutter in corn starch and cut out candy canes from the marshmallow. Flip the candy canes over and dust the underside with corn starch. Place the marshmallows in a sieve and bounce a few times to remove any excess corn starch.
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!