Overnight Oats with Poached Pears
- 4 firm pears I used Anjou pears
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 cups water
- 1 vanilla bean seeds removed
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup diced apricots
- vanilla yogurt
- strawberries roughly chopped
- 2 peaches roughly chopped
- ½ granny smith apple julienned
- almonds roughly chopped
- Combine the rolled oats, milk and diced apricots in a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge overnight.
- Poach the pears: Peel the pears and cut out the bottom stem area with a knife, keeping the top stem attached. Place the sugar and water in a pot and set to medium heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Increase the heat to high and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the pears and vanilla bean. Create a drop lid with parchment paper and cover the pears. Boil for 15-20 minutes until tender, rotating occasionally. Then transfer to a bowl and cool.
- Spoon the oatmeal into your desired bowl and top with some vanilla yogurt. Place a poached pear in the center of each bowl and sprinkle some strawberries, nectarines, apple and almonds around the edges and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.