No-Bake Pumpkin Pie
- 200 g graham crackers
- 65 g unsalted butter melted
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- ¾ cup sugar
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1 ¼ cups canned pumpkin
- 2 tbsp rum or bourbon optional
- 1 ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1 ¼ cup whipping cream chilled
- Make the crust: Place the graham crackers in a food processor and pulse until they resemble fine crumbs. Mix with the melted butter and press into a 9-inch pie plate. Place in the freezer while you make the filling.
- Filling: Pour ¾ cup whipping cream, sugar and egg yolks into a pot and whisk over medium heat until it reaches pudding consistency, about 10 minutes. If lumps form, strain the mixture. Pour into a large bowl and add the pumpkin, rum, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt and allspice. Refrigerate until cold, stirring occasionally. Beat the remaining 1 ¼ cups whipping cream to stiff peaks. Reserve ½ cup for topping and add the remaining cream to the filling, gently folding to combine. Pour into the pie plate and smooth the surface. Place in the freezer until firm, about 1-2 hours.
- To serve, slice and dollop some whipped cream onto each slice. Enjoy!
- (Note: the filling also tastes delicious when refrigerated and at a pudding consistency. Simply dollop some into glasses and top with a sprinkle of the graham cracker topping!)
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.