Melting Toadstool Dessert
- 1/2 cup good quality white chocolate melted
- red oil-based food colouring
- matcha green tea powder
- 3 round green tea shortbread cookies recipe here
- vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup dark chocolate melted
- Dye half of the white chocolate red with oil-based food colouring. Spread the chocolate onto the insides of a silicone dome-shaped mold to make 3 domes. Place the mold in the freezer to set.
- Gently remove the chocolate domes from the mold and place each dome on a square of parchment paper. Return the domes to the freezer, and working with one dome at a time, gently draw polka dots onto the domes with the remaining white chocolate and return the domes to the freezer for the chocolate to set.
- To serve, drizzle some remaining white chocolate onto each plate and dust with matcha green tea powder. Place a green tea shortbread cookie onto the center of each plate, and place a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Cover the ice cream with a toadstool dome.
- Right before serving, microwave the melted dark chocolate for 30 seconds, then pour it into cute serving jugs. Microwaving the chocolate before serving ensures that it’s as hot as possible. Pour the chocolate onto the toadstools and watch as the toadstool melts to reveal the ice cream underneath!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!