Matcha Green Tea Pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp matcha green tea powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 large egg
- cooking spray for frying pan
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- ¾ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- Fresh strawberries
Make the pancakes:
- Combine the flour, matcha green tea powder, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. In a larger bowl, combine the milk, butter and egg and whisk until fully combined. Add the dry ingredients and whisk together, but make sure not to overmix. Some lumps are fine!
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Dollop 2-3 tbsp of batter onto the frying pan and smooth the surface with the spoon. Cook until the surface of the pancakes develop some bubbles, about 1-2 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until the surface has browned. Continue with the rest of the batter.
Make the glaze:
- Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the confectioner’s sugar and milk and mix until combined.
- Stack the pancakes and pour the glaze on top. Top with strawberries and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!