- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk
- blue food colouring
- 2 cups unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 2 cups white candy melts melted
- blue and white sprinkles
- 1 cup blue candy melts melted
- chocolate gold coins
- blue and white candies
Bake the cake:
- Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and eggs one a time, mixing with each addition.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add this to the batter in 2 additions, alternating with the buttermilk.
- Dye the batter blue. Pour the batter into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the cakes comes out clean. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
Make the buttercream:
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and beat until combined. Add the confectioner’s sugar one cup at a time, then beat for 3-5 minutes, until fluffy.
Make the decorations:
- Coat the pocky sticks in white chocolate and sprinkle blue and white sprinkles on top. Place the pocky on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the fridge until the candy melts have set, about 30 minutes.
- Pour the blue candy melts into Star of David molds. We used mini starts and a Star of David box mold. Place the molds in the fridge until the candy melts have set, about 20 minutes. Then unmold and set aside.
- Trim the tops and sides off the cakes. Spread some buttercream between each layer, then coat the entire cake in a generous layer of buttercream.
- Stick the pocky onto the sides of the cake. Top with the Star of David box and fill it with gold coins. Decorate the surface of the cake with blue and white sprinkles and candies.
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.