Gingerbread Ski Chalet Treat Box
- Gingerbread dough recipe here
- 4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 3 tbsp meringue powder
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp warm water
- brown food colouring
- edible glitter
- chocolates and candies
- Roll the gingerbread dough out onto a floured sheet of parchment paper until it is 1/8-inch thick. Use the graphic below to cut out paper templates, and use these templates to cut out the pieces of the house. Gently place each wall on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. If necessary, straighten the sides with the side of a knife. Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes, until the edges begin to darken. Transfer the walls, still on the baking sheet, to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- In the meantime, place the confectioner’s sugar, meringue powder and water in the bowl of an electric mixer and mix for 10-12 minutes. Dye 2/3 of the mixture a light brown colour and place both shades of icing in piping bags fitted with round tips.
- Using the white icing, draw the windows, door and snow onto the walls, roof and chimney. Add a little bit of water to the white icing and use this thinner icing to fill in the snow on the roof. While the icing is still wet, generously sprinkle the edible glitter on top. Use the brown icing to draw the beams and roof shingles onto the house. Allow the icing to fully set, about 1 hour.
- As shown in the video, build the chalet using the brown icing as glue. Using the brown icing will result in a cleaner look than white icing. Make sure to only attach one side of the roof. Build the chimney and attach this to the roof using white icing. Allow the icing to set for 1 hour.
- Place the chalet on a serving tray of your choice and fill it with chocolates and goodies. Attach the remaining roof panel with brown icing and allow it to set for about 20 minutes. To serve, have your guests remove one side of the roof to reveal the treats inside!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.