Creme Egg-Stuffed Nest Cupcakes
- 2 cups unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- Chocolate sprinkles
- chocolate eggs
Bake the cupcakes:
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, dissolve the instant coffee in the hot water. Then add the cocoa powder and vanilla, whisk together, then pour into the dry mixture. Add the vegetable oil, chocolate chips and vinegar, and mix until everything is well combined.
- Divide the mixture between lined cupcake tins. To make them look extra nest-like, use white or brown cupcake liners. Stick a crème egg vertically into each cupcake, suspending the egg in the batter, so that it’s not actually touching the cupcake tin.
- Bake the cupcakes at 375F for 15-20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Make the buttercream:
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and beat until combined. Add the confectioner’s sugar and cocoa powder one cup at a time, then beat for 3-5 minutes.
- Place the buttercream in a piping bag fitted with a very large, round piping tip.
- Place a small dollop of buttercream into the center of the cupcakes and smooth. Pipe a ring of buttercream around the edge. This will create a nest shape.
- Dunk the cupcakes into the chocolate sprinkles, fully coating the buttercream.
- Fill the nests with some chocolate eggs and enjoy! When biting into the cupcakes, you’ll reveal a crème egg inside – it will melt slightly when baking and give the cupcakes a delicious toffee-like flavour!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!