Gingerbread Man Marshmallows
- Gingerbread Spice
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 ½ tsp powdered gelatin
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cold water
- brown food colouring
- corn starch
- Combine the ingredients for the gingerbread spice in a small bowl. Line a square pan with parchment paper and grease the paper with some oil.
- Pour 1/3 cup of cold water into the bowl of an electric mixer and sprinkle the powdered gelatin on top. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place the sugar and ¼ cup cold water in a small pot and set to medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar has melted.
- Attach a candy thermometer to the pot and boil the sugar until it reaches 238F. Brush the sides of the pot with a wet pastry brush if sugar crystals stick to the sides.
- Add the hot sugar to the gelatin and stir the mixture by hand whisking for a few minutes to slightly cool. Then beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 8-10 minutes, until soft peaks form. Then add the gingerbread spice mix and brown food colouring and mix well.
- Pour the marshmallow into a square pan and let set for 2-3 hours (or up to overnight), until the marshmallow is firm.
- Dust the surface of the marshmallows in corn starch. Dip a cookie cutter in corn starch and cut out gingerbread man shapes. Flip the marshmallows over and coat the underside in a layer of cornstarch. Bounce the marshmallows in a sieve to remove any excess corn starch and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.