Gingerbread Man Marshmallows
- Gingerbread Spice
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 ½ tsp powdered gelatin
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cold water
- brown food colouring
- corn starch
- Combine the ingredients for the gingerbread spice in a small bowl. Line a square pan with parchment paper and grease the paper with some oil.
- Pour 1/3 cup of cold water into the bowl of an electric mixer and sprinkle the powdered gelatin on top. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place the sugar and ¼ cup cold water in a small pot and set to medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar has melted.
- Attach a candy thermometer to the pot and boil the sugar until it reaches 238F. Brush the sides of the pot with a wet pastry brush if sugar crystals stick to the sides.
- Add the hot sugar to the gelatin and stir the mixture by hand whisking for a few minutes to slightly cool. Then beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 8-10 minutes, until soft peaks form. Then add the gingerbread spice mix and brown food colouring and mix well.
- Pour the marshmallow into a square pan and let set for 2-3 hours (or up to overnight), until the marshmallow is firm.
- Dust the surface of the marshmallows in corn starch. Dip a cookie cutter in corn starch and cut out gingerbread man shapes. Flip the marshmallows over and coat the underside in a layer of cornstarch. Bounce the marshmallows in a sieve to remove any excess corn starch and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!