Earl Grey Tea Pudding
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 5 bags earl grey tea
- 2/3 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- First, infuse the milk with the earl grey tea. Pour the milk into a small pot, and set it to medium-high heat. Add the 5 bags of earl tea, and stir occasionally until the milk almost comes to a boil. Be sure not to allow the milk to boil. Then remove the pot from the heat, and allow the milk to cool completely to room temperature, keeping the tea bags in the pot.
- Then in a pot (not on the stove), whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Then add the milk a few tablespoons at a time, whisking with each addition and dissolving the cornstarch. Then add the egg yolks while whisking.
- Place the pot on the stove and set to medium heat and continuously whisk. Once it first starts to boil, reduce the heat to low, and continue whisking for 1 minute. Then as soon as the 1 minute is up, pour it through a sieve and into another bowl. Then add the butter and vanilla and stir.
- Place some plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the pudding, and place it in the fridge for 3 hours. Whisk the pudding one final time before serving. An adorable way to serve this would be to pour the pudding into tea or coffee cups and cut the string and tag part of a teabag off, and stick the end into the pudding so that it looks like you’ve brewed a cup of tea!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!