Daisy Shortbread Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- yellow food coloring
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add the confectioner’s sugar and beat for 2 minutes, until well combined. Add the vanilla and combine. In a separate bowl, combine the flour and salt, then add to the butter mixture. Mix until the dough sticks together when pinched.
- Dye about 2 tbsp of dough yellow with food colouring. Wrap the remaining white dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Roll the white dough out on a floured surface to ¼ inch-thick. Use a daisy-shaped cookie cutter to cut out daisies. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place little balls of yellow dough onto the centers and flatten with your finger.
- Refrigerate the cookies until firm, about 30 minutes. Bake at 325F for 13-15 minutes. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. Enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!