Daisy Shortbread Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- yellow food coloring
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add the confectioner’s sugar and beat for 2 minutes, until well combined. Add the vanilla and combine. In a separate bowl, combine the flour and salt, then add to the butter mixture. Mix until the dough sticks together when pinched.
- Dye about 2 tbsp of dough yellow with food colouring. Wrap the remaining white dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Roll the white dough out on a floured surface to ¼ inch-thick. Use a daisy-shaped cookie cutter to cut out daisies. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place little balls of yellow dough onto the centers and flatten with your finger.
- Refrigerate the cookies until firm, about 30 minutes. Bake at 325F for 13-15 minutes. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. Enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.