Matcha (Green Tea) Muffin Christmas Tree
Muffins (makes 30 muffins)
- 300 g unsalted butter melted
- 350 g sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 250 ml milk
- 10 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 600 g cake flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1 styrofoam cone 45 cm tall
- bamboo skewers
- double-sided tape if necessary
- 1 toothpick
- confectioner’s sugar
- fresh strawberries and raspberries
- 1 thick slice white or orange cheddar cheese
- silver or gold lustre dust and some edible glitter, if desired
To make the muffins:
- Mix together the melted butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Then add the milk and egg, and mix again.
- Sift the flour, matcha powder and baking powder into the bowl and mix together. Pour these into a muffin pan to make 6 muffins. Make sure that the tin is lined with muffin tin liners.
- Bake the muffins at 170C/340F for 20 minutes, checking them after 10 minutes. Remove them from the oven when fully cooked and allow them to fully cool. Then remove the muffin liners from each muffin.
- Place each muffin in your desired spot on the cone one at a time, and stick a skewer through the muffin into the cone. Then slide the muffin off the skewer, and push the skewer the rest of the way into the cone until 2-3 inches of the skewer is sticking out. Stick the muffin back onto the skewer, and continue until the cone is completely covered.
- Wedge some raspberries and strawberries into the crevices between the muffins. Cut a star out of the cheese, and dust it with luster dust. Stick the star onto a toothpick, and then stick it on top of the tree. Dust a light coating of confectioner’s sugar and some edible glitter, if desired, over the entire tree to look like snow, and you’re finished!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!